35 Ideas For Stress Management
The key is trying different methods to find which one works best for you. It’s also important to recognize when you are stressed and what triggered it. Try a method for a few weeks or months to see if it’s effective.
Here’s an example of some methods I personally do:
• Deep breathing- I do this for both small stressful situations (traffic jam) and large stressful situations (argument/work). I practiced so often that now it’s automatic.
• Aromatherapy- there is a candle that I love and call it my “stress relieving candle” because the smell triggers something in my head that’s so relaxing!
• Talk to a friend- ranting is a proven effective way to quickly relieve stress.
Here is a list of other options you can explore:
• Deep breathing
• Body scan meditation
• Mindfulness meditation
• Repetitive prayer
• Muscle contract and release
• Guided imagery
• Scenic walk
• Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong
• Exercise regularly
• Talk to someone/vent
• Get quality sleep/take a nap
• Distract- clean, organize, etc.
• Animal play time
• Read/watch funny comics, shows, videos, stand-up etc.
• Play games- online, board, solo, group, etc.
• Listen to music/dance to music/sing
• Limit caffeine
• Try supplements
• Delegate chores/work
• “Organize your life”
• It’s ok to say “no”
• It’s ok to ask for help
• Reduce stressors- let go of a bad friend, find a new job, watch less news, ect.
• Get quality alone time/companion time
• Arts and crafts
• Eat high nutritious foods
• Find/do a hobby- bird watching, quilting, candle making, ect.
These options are easy to search for “how to” online.